Ram Manohar Lohia
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2014)|
|Ram Manohar Lohia|
|Born||23 March 1910
Akbarpur, Uttar Pradesh, India
|Died||12 October 1967 (aged 57)
New Delhi, India
|Education||B.A (Calcutta University), Ph.D Frederick William University (today’s Humboldt University of Berlin,Germany)|
|Known for||Quit India Movement|
Ram Manohar Lohia attended the Banaras Hindu University to complete his intermediate course work after standing first in his school’s matriculation examinations in 1927. He then joined the Vidyasagar College, under the University of Calcutta and in 1929, earned his B.A. degree. He decided to attend Frederick William University (today’s Humboldt University of Berlin, Germany) over all prestigious educational institutes in Britain to convey his dim view of British philosophy. He soon learned German and received financial assistance based on his outstanding academic performance, studying national economy as his major subject as a doctoral student from 1929 to 1933.
It was at Frederick William University that Ram Manohar Lohia and Julião Menezes met, as they were studying at the same University. They shared similar opinions on many issues that confronted the world then, dominated by the colonial powers. Menezes from Estado da India, took active part in the Indian Students’ Union in Berlin, along with Lohia who was the secretary of the Indian Students Union. Once in the 1930’s when Lohia and Menezes attended the session of the League of Nations, they both booed at Maharaja of Bikaner, a representative of India, who was talking about peace, while India and Estado da India, Goa (Portuguese colony) were groaning under the yoke of colonialism, british and portuguese, respectively. They were both thrown out from the gallery. Such was his indomitable spirit.
Major writings in English
- The Caste System: Hyderabad, Navahind  147 p.
- Foreign Policy: Aligarh, P.C. Dwadash Shreni, [1963?] 381 p.
- Fragments of a World Mind: Maitrayani Publishers & Booksellers ; Allahabad  262 p.
- Fundamentals of a World Mind: ed. by K.S. Karanth. Bombay, Sindhu Publications,  130 p.
- Guilty Men of India’s Partition: Lohia Samata Vidyalaya Nyas, Publication Dept., 103 p.
- India, China, and Northern Frontiers: Hyderabad, Navahind  272 p.
- Interval During Politics: Hyderabad, Navahind  197 p.
- Marx, Gandhi and Socialism: Hyderabad, Navahind  550 p.
- Collected Works of Dr Lohia” A nine volume set edited by veteran Socialist writer Dr Mastram Kapoor in English and published by Anamika Publications, New Delhi.
Selected books on Lohia
- Socialist Thought in India: The Contribution of Ram Manohar Lohia, by M. Arumugam, New Delhi, Sterling (1978)
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia, his Life and Philosophy, by Indumati Kelkar. Published for Samajwadi Sahitya Sansthan, Delhi by Anamika Publishers & Distributors (2009) ISBN 978-81-7975-286-9
- Lohia, A Study, by N. C. Mehrotra, Atma Ram (1978)
- Lohia and Parliament, Published by Lok Sabha Secretariat (1991)
- Lohia thru Letters, Published by Roma Mitra (1983)
- Lohia, by Onkar Sharad, Lucknow, Prakashan Kendra (1972)
- Lohia and America Meet, by Harris Woofford, Sindhu (1987)
- Leftism in India: 1917–1947, by Satyabrata Rai Chowdhuri, London and New Delhi, Palgrave Macmillan (2008)
- Lohia Ek Jeevani, by Omprakash Deepak And Arvind Mohan, Published by Wagdevi Prakashan (2006)
- Avadh University in Faizabad was renamed after loknayak Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia as “Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Avadh University”.
- The Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University in Lucknow, one of India’s National law schools, is named after him.
- “18 June Road”, in Panjim, Goa is named after him. It was that date in 1946 where he launched an agitation against colonial rule.
- The Willingdon Hospital of New Delhi, was renamed Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital a few decades after independence,
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Institute of Medical Sciences is a medical institute for postgraduate studies in Lucknow.
Description Details, Session. Result of B.A.-I Examination, 2014-15, Download. Result of B.A.-II Examination, 2014-15, Download. Result of B.A.-III Examination …
P.G. Diploma in Yoga Therapy – IInd Year Exam. 2013, Download. 1, 2, 3. Copyright ©Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Avadh University, Faizabad. All rights reserved.
Myedutainer.com is an educational social networking site which provides education along with entertainment. My Edutainer.com helps people to connect, share, …
Jun 18, 2015 – The Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Avadh university, Faizabad, Uttar Pradesh has conducted the Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 examination for the 1st, 2nd, …
Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya March 23,1910 – October 12, 1967. Introduction … Ram Manohar saw Gandhi for the first time when he was only nine years old.
Aug 30, 2015 – Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia Avadh University (RMLAU) has declared result for BA/ B.com/ B.Sc , Faizabad Result for BBA, BCA, MBA, B.Ed 1st, …
Searches related to dr ram manohar lohia
See results aboutAvadh University (University in Faizabad, India)Founded: March 4, 1975, Faizabad